CBD Candy: Everything You Need to Know About It
CBD edible products are getting more popular day by day. CBD candy, one of the edible CBD, is made with sweeteners and infused with CBD or cannabidiol. CBD gummies are also one kind of CBD-infused candies.
However, gummies are soft candies, but many people love to have hard candies too. So, which one you’ll prefer is up to you. CBD candies are believed to have many therapeutic benefits such as reducing anxiety, stress, and pain.
Nonetheless, there is not much research has been done about CBD candies, so the lack of resources makes it impossible to make certain decisions regarding the consumption of CBD candies.
In this blog, we’ll explore everything that has enlightened us associated with CBD candies.
What is CBD Candy?
CBD candies are a flavorsome treat that has the extra benefits of CBD. CBD extracted from pure hemp plants has less than 0.3% THC. Manufacturers made candy CBD either THC-free or with limited THC. It offers a sweet and delicious way to add CBD to your daily routine.
Consuming CBD edible candies can react with your CB1 and CB2 receptors. Reacting with your CB1 and CB2 receptors may result in dual anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective effects throughout your Central Nervous System (CNS).
Simply put, candy with CBD has the ability to minimize stress and anxiety in the mind and body. CBD candies are available in the following items:
- CBD hard candy
- CBD candy bars
- CBD Lollipops
- CBD taffy
CBD product manufacturers can prepare candy CBD with a similar process of making non-CBD candies. Therefore, CBD-infused candies come in a variety of bright colors with typical candy flavors.
Benefits of CBD Candy
CBD candy, a delightful fusion of taste and wellness, has numerous therapeutic benefits. However, to get the most positive effects from CBD-infused candies, it should be made properly.
When CBD producers extract CBD from the cannabis plant, it takes an oil-based form. Generally, oil is hydrophobic which means it won’t dissolve in water. Instead, it will dissolve in fats and oil only.
For this reason, CBD and health experts think CBD content is better absorbed in the human body if consumed with quality unsaturated fatty acids. Therefore, high-quality CBD candies are those that have a lower amount of sugar but a higher amount of quality unsaturated fat content.
In this section, we’ll explore the benefits of high-quality CBD candies.
#1. Delicious Taste
Candy CBD is a delicious way to add cannabidiol to your daily routine. CBD edible products like tincture have a pungent taste due to the natural hemp extract, making it hard to consume.
However, many brands try to eliminate this bitter taste of CBD by adding various flavors and sweeteners, but the earthly taste of natural hemp is quite strong to remove.
On the other hand, CBD candies have a sweet taste and delicious texture that will give you calm in every bite. Each sweet morsel encapsulates the soothing essence of cannabidiol.
#2. Easy Consumption Method
CBD candies are the easiest method of consuming CBD. This discrete method allows you to take CBD candies anywhere, at any place. And the best part is that, as it looks like a regular candy, nobody will know you’re taking CBD.
CBD edible capsules also offer similar features. But CBD candies are the best option in terms of consumption method compared to any CBD edible products.
#3. CBD Candy for Anxiety
CBD hard candy for anxiety can work for you. However, there is not much evidence regarding this. People who’ve used quality CBD candies have reported that CBD-infused hard candies can reduce anxiety by providing a calming effect.
In our daily life, a moment of mindfulness is a treasure. CBD candy offers just that pause button for your thoughts and allows you to forget the chaos of busy urban life.
CBD does it by interacting with your central nervous system (CNS). When you consume CBD candies, they mix up with your bloodstream and start influencing your endocannabinoid system.
#4. CBD Candy for Pain
CBD has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. But how does CBD reduce inflammation and pain?
Consuming CBD candies allows it to interact with your body’s ECS system. Your ECS system is linked to stress, chronic pain, anxiety, mood, and appetite. The CBD content influences the ECS system, elevates the mood, and reduces pain.
Besides, these mood booster candies are sweet superheroes that combat discomfort and make you feel pain-free.
#5. CBD Candies for Sleep
Sweet candies with CBD infusion can combat insomnia. We’ve already discussed that CBD reduces anxiety, elevates your mood, and gives you a sense of calm and relaxation.
Therefore, when you consume CBD candies, it helps you to fall asleep faster. Slip into a restful slumber, as the subtle embrace of cannabinoids lulls you into a night of uninterrupted rest.
Apart from its health benefits, these pocket-sized CBD candies and gummies offer a unique level of convenience. You can easily carry it in your pocket, purse, or desk drawer, and savor piece whenever you need a dose of wellness.
Besides, CBD candies contain pre-dosed amounts of CBD which determines exactly how much CBD you’re consuming. So, you’ll be able to avoid the risk of overdosing yourself with CBD candies and gummies.
Read More: Does Sour Candy Help with Anxiety?
Factors to Consider When Buying CBD Candies
There are a plethora of CBD stores due to the immense popularity of CBD products. For this reason, fake and mislabeled CBD products are increasing in online and physical CBD stores.
Before buying CBD candies, esteemed customers should consider factors like the exact amount of CBD content, third-party lab testing certificate, checking CoA certificate, ingredients, and sourcing.
Here we’ve compiled a list of important factors that valued customers should consider before buying CBD candies:
- CBD Concentration: According to the FDA (Food and Drug Administration), CBD products should not contain more than 0.3% THC. Besides, a consumer of CBD should also keep in mind that 70% of the CBD products you buy on the internet either have more or less CBD than listed on the label. Also, whatever CBD product you buy, you should only take it after consulting your health care provider. Clinical studies have suggested taking 100 to 800 milligrams of CBD per day depending on your physical conditions. However, the maximum CBD people tolerate is 1500 mg per day.
- Ingredients and Sourcing: Always check the quality of the ingredients that are used in the CBD candies. Besides, you should make sure the CBD source is from pure hemp plants.
- Third-Party Lab Testing and Transparency: Third-party lab testing ensures what the label says and what is actually in the product. These tests will give information regarding the quality, purity, and potency of CBD candies.
- Flavor Options and Preferences: You should consider flavor options according to taste while buying CBD candies. Candies are available in a variety of flavors such as blueberry, blue razz, lemon, peach, pineapple, strawberry, tangerine, and more.
- Dietary Restrictions and Health Conditions: People with any dietary restrictions or who are allergic to CBD should not take CBD candies. Besides, people with heart disease, epilepsy, and kidney problems should avoid CBD-infused products. They should consult their doctor before buying any type of CBD products including CBD candies or gummies.
Top CBD Candies Brand
CBD candies and CBD gummies are sold by some of the reputed online CBD brands. For instance, Charlotte Web, Green Roads, Joy Organics, and Sunday Scaries.
- Charlotte Web: Charlotte Web’s full-spectrum CBD candies and gummies are really delicious and come in various flavors. Besides, it’s quite effective in minimizing anxiety and pain.
- Green Roads: Green Roads offers gummies and candies in different flavors. For instance, grapes, and green apple flavors are offered by Green Roads. They have 10 mg, 25 mg, and 50 mg concentration of CBD per gummies.
- Joy Organic: They offer THC-free gummies and candies that have a de-stress effect. Joy Organic manufactures various flavors like Strawberry Lemonade, Broad Spectrum CBD soft gels, and sleep candies.
- Sunday Scaries: They provide the best CBD candy to their customers. Their Unicorn Jerky comes in rainbow colors and has a delicious taste. The sugar-coated, full-spectrum CBD candies not only have a delightful taste but also elevate your mood.
CBD Candy Dosage and Usage Tips
Just because CBD candies look like regular sugary candies doesn’t mean you can take them as much as you want. As the CBD candies contain CBD or cannabidiol, you’ll have to be aware of its dosage and usage.
The factors like body weight, medication, and medical history can influence the amount of CBD consumption. For instance, if your weight is up to 130 lbs, you’ll feel subtle effects after taking around 11 mg of CBD. You’ll have intense effects after taking approximately 16 mg of CBD.
|Body Weight||Amount of CBD||Effects|
|130 lbs||11 mg||Subtle|
|130 lbs||16 mg||Profound|
|130 - 230 lbs||18 mg||Subtle|
|130 - 230 lbs||26 mg||Profound|
|Over 230 lbs||23 mg||Subtle|
|Over 230 lbs||40 mg||Profound|
Normally, taking the best CBD candy within a limited dose will help you to feel better. However, CBD candies are generally available in 10mg, 25mg, and 50mg. So, if you’re a completely new CBD user, then take the lowest dose of CBD and observe how your body responds. You can increase the doses according to your needs.
Furthermore, you can take one 50 mg, five 10 mg, or two 25 mg CBD candies in the morning and evening. In the case of CBD content limit, people can tolerate up to 1500 mg of cannabidiol per day.
Of note, you should always check with your doctor before taking any amount of CBD in any form. Remember, CBD edibles take roughly 90 minutes for the body to metabolize and absorb into the bloodstream.
Safety and Side Effects of CBD Candy
Even the best CBD candy can affect your health if you don’t consider some delicate health factors before consuming it. To be on the safe side, you must know the potential side effects of CBD edibles like CBD candies, CBD gummies, and CBD tinctures.
However, topical CBD can also adversely affect your body. For instance, the side effects of CBD cream are itching, skin irritation, redness, rash, and blistering of the skin.
Here we’ve compiled a list of potential side effects of CBD candy so that you can be aware before taking it.
- Interfering with other drugs due to liver damage could result in injury or significant side effects.
- Alterations in mood, such as irritation or agitation alterations in alertness, such as tiredness and sleepiness.
- Gastrointestinal issues and appetite changes.
- male fertility is harmed.
- Dry mouth
- Changes in weight
Besides, CBD candies can interact with other medications and cause severe side effects. The following drugs should not be taken with CBD:
- Blood Thinners
- Opioid analgesics
- Blood Pressure Medications
- Proton pump inhibitors
- Herbal and dietary supplements
- Certain antimicrobials
- CBD and Alcohol
CBD Candy Legality
Yes, CBD candies are legal unless they contain psychoactive THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) compounds in larger amounts. Besides, most of the CBD products that follow the FDA guidelines are legal.
THC-free or up to 0.3% THC-containing CBD products are legal in almost 47 states of the U.S.A. You can take a look at CBD Laws by state to learn more about the legality of CBD.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
here are some important questions based on CBD candy
What does CBD candy do?
CBD candy is a tasty way to incorporate CBD into your regular routine. Ingesting CBD candies has numerous therapeutic effects, including reduced anxiety and tension, pain relief, and improved sleep quality.
What ingredients and materials do I need to make CBD hard candy?
To make a 10 mg 50-piece CBD candy, you’ll need materials like your favorite candy mold, and candy thermometer. Besides, ingredients such as 500 mg of CBD oil of your choice, 2 cups of granulated sugar, 2/3 cup corn syrup, 1/2 teaspoon pure lemon essence, and 1/4 cup water are required to make hard CBD-infused candies.
How long do 20mg CBD hard candy effects last?
Generally, a 20mg CBD edible candy can last up to 6 hours. However, the duration may be affected by other factors such as body weight, medical conditions, and the amount of CBD doses.
Does CBD candy make you sleepy?
Not really. Not all CBD makes you feel sleepy. Sleepiness is linked with other factors like the sense of calmness, and relaxation. A study in 2022 found that CBD may help to treat insomnia.
Can I get high from using CBD candy?
CBD doesn’t contain harmful compounds. Besides, the THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) and its psychoactive effect cause you high. CBD contains only a tiny bit of cannabidiol. Therefore, CBD candy won’t get you high.
CBD candy is easy to consume. It’s one of the convenient ways to add cannabidiol to your daily diet. These sweet candies have many health benefits such as reducing anxiety and relieving stress, and pain.
CBD candies have anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative properties that interact with your body's endocannabinoid system to give you therapeutic benefits.
However, there are some potential side effects of taking CBD candies. These are quite similar to taking other CBD products. For instance, dry mouth, fatigue, nausea, diarrhea, interfering with drugs, etc.
For this reason, people who want to consume CBD candies should consult their doctors. They also shouldn't consume a large number of CBD candies at once or begin with a higher dose.