How to Use CBD Honey Sticks - A Beginner's Guide
Honey has been used since ancient times for many nutritional and therapeutic benefits. On the other hand, CBD – short for cannabidiol, is one of the most popular natural medicines derived from cannabis sativa plants.
CBD honey sticks – also known as CBD honey straws, because they often look like plastic drinking straws filled with honey. You can find these golden sticks of goodness in both online and offline CBD stores.
In this blog, we’ll discuss how to use CBD honey sticks, their benefits, side effects, and the considerations before you buy them from a CBD shop.
What Are CBD Honey Sticks?
CBD honey sticks are made with a combination of CBD and honey. You’ll typically find them in the form of soft plastic straws. Apart from using pure honey, CBD honey straws may contain different forms of CBD.
Manufacturers mostly use full-spectrum or broad-spectrum CBD extract and infuse them with honey to provide the most desired effects. Note that full-spectrum CBD honey sticks contain a trace amount of THC (less than 0.3%) along with other cannabinoids such as CBG, CBN, CBDV, terpenes, and flavonoids.
There are two types of CBD honey sticks available.
1. Solid CBD Honey Sticks
2. Liquid CBD Honey Sticks
Solid CBD Honey Sticks
Solid CBD-infused honey sticks are similar to hard candy. You can add them with hot beverages like coffee, or tea instead of sugar. They can also be bitten into or chopped up to garnish baked goods. Solid CBD honey sticks are less prevalent compared to liquid honey sticks.
Liquid CBD Honey Sticks
On the other hand, liquid CBD honey sticks are the most common and easier to find. These honey sticks are usually in a squeeze tube. You can directly drink the liquid form of CBD-infused honey or drizzle the liquid CBD honey over food like cereal or yogurt. Pairing them with healthy fats like almond butter may enhance absorption.
Benefits of Using CBD Honey Sticks
CBD honey sticks are the most convenient way to add CBD to your daily diet. You can take them anywhere, anytime with or without food to ease pain, stress, and anxiety.
Honey acts as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial agent and there is enough scientific evidence in support of its cough prevention, fertility, and wound healing properties .
CBD, on the other hand, has hydrating, sebostatic, antipruritic, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, wound healing, photoprotective, and anti-fibrotic properties .
When ingesting CBD honey sticks as health supplements, nutritious honey, and organic CBD extract harmoniously work together and provide the most effective and desired benefits to its users.
CBD-infused honey straws can be used topically or orally, and the benefits vary depending on the application.
Skin Benefits of CBD Honey Sticks
Honey sticks can be considered CBD topicals as well. If you apply it to the skin, it can treat various skin-related ailments.
- Skin Moisturization: When applied topically, cannabidiol honey sticks can act as a moisturizer and hydrate your skin deeply.
- Pore Cleansing: CBD and pure honey, both have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. They can be effective for cleansing pores and promote skin health.
- Gentle Exfoliation: The stickiness of honey, combined with the potential exfoliating properties (removing dead skin cells) of CBD can provide a gentle exfoliation for the skin.
- Sunburn Relief: The soothing properties of honey along with anti-inflammatory effects can give relief for sunburned skin.
- Acne and Pimple Treatment: You can use honey sticks CBD to treat acne and pimples.
- Wrinkle Reduction: Consistent use of CBD honey sticks may contribute to reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Natural Glow: When used on the skin, CBD and honey can provide a natural and radiant glow.
Oral CBD Honey Sticks Benefits
CBD edibles honey sticks are the most common. Typically, people just suck honey CBD sticks out of the straw and receive immediate health benefits.
Below are some of the notable benefits that you’ll receive from CBD-infused honey sticks:
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Reduce Anxiety
- Antioxidant properties fight against free radicals potentially reducing the risk of cancer.
- Sore Throat Relief
- Anti-inflammatory properties can reduce the risk of inflammation.
- CBD’s calming effects contribute to better sleep.
- Boost Energy
- Heart Health Support
Side Effects of CBD Honey Sticks
CBD Honey straws are healthy and safe. They usually don’t have any major side effects. You can take them without worrying about any negative consequences.
However, for some people in rare instances, it can show some adverse effects which are generally mild. These mild side effects can occur mainly for the CBD extract used in honey sticks. So, they are similar to CBD side effects. Note that, depending on the type of CBD, these effects may vary.
Here is a list of CBD honey stick side effects:
- Dry Mouth
- Low Blood Pressure
Note that CBD can interact with certain prescription medications. If you’re taking any medications, or have underlying health issues, make sure to consult a healthcare professional before incorporating CBD in any form.
Besides, excessive consumption of CBD, beyond recommended dosage, may have negative effects on liver function. Therefore, always be sure to take expert-advised dosage.
How to Use CBD Honey Sticks
Honey sticks infused with CBD have become popular for their easy-to-use consumption method. You can readily put them in your back pocket and consume them anywhere, whether you're outside or on the road.
If you want to keep your energy levels on a higher note while at work, you can take them instantly to boost your energy. So, it clearly indicates honey sticks are super easy to use.
Here's how to use CBD honey sticks.
CBD Honey Sticks for Oral Use
- Open the straw or packet of the CBD honey stick.
- Use kitchen scissors to cut across one end (You can also bite it).
- Either suck the CBD honey directly from the straw or slide it through your fingers to consume.
- You can also add it to your drinks (e.g., tea, coffee), mix it well, and enjoy CBD-infused beverages.
For Skin Use
- Open the honey stick packets.
- Take one piece from the pack and cut one end of the tube using scissors.
- Pinch and slide the straw between your fingers.
- Apply the CBD honey directly to the clean skin.
- Leave it on the skin for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse with clean, cool water.
Hope this helps to clear up any lingering questions regarding how to use honey sticks.
Where to Buy CBD Honey Sticks
Where to get CBD honey sticks is as follows:
- Various online CBD retailers offer a wide selection of CBD-infused honey sticks.
- You can check your local CBD stores or CBD dispensaries to purchase honey sticks.
- Some health food stores or special grocery stores may sell CBD products including CBD honey sticks.
- Pharmacies and drugstores may stock CBD products.
- You can purchase directly from reputable manufacturers or brands as well. Many companies have official websites where you can browse and order their products.
Advice Before Buying CBD Products
Before you buy honey sticks, you should keep in mind some important factors. Bearing in mind the following factors while buying honey sticks will guide you towards better quality products:
- Explore reputable CBD brands with a history of quality products. Read customer reviews, and testimonials as well.
- Read the ingredient list carefully. Be cautious of artificial additives, preservatives, or unnecessary fillers.
- Make sure the honey and CBD both are from trustworthy and quality sources.
- Understand the CBD content per stick. This information will help you to monitor and control your CBD intake.
- Consider potency by knowing the type of CBD oil (Isolate, Full-Spectrum, or Broad-Spectrum) used in the honey sticks.
- Select brands that prioritize ethical sourcing of honey. Bees should not be harmed or malnourished during the extraction process.
- Check the labels for phytocannabinoid content to ensure entourage effects.
- Ensure that the CBD honey sticks have undergone third-party lab testing.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are some of the questions that our esteemed customers have about using CBD honey sticks. We've provided further context by responding to these queries.
1. How Do CBD Honey Sticks Make You Feel?
Honey sticks’ effects may vary from person to person depending on factors such as dosage, individual weight, biochemistry, and metabolism. However, most people feel calm, relaxed, stress-free, and energetic after consuming CBD honey straws.
2. How Many CBD Honey Sticks Should I Take?
Generally, up to 1500mg of CBD is well-tolerated for humans. It’s ideal to take two 10mg honey sticks during the day and night. If you’re new to CBD, start with a weaker dosage and increase it gradually if needed. The general rule of thumb is to take 1 to 6mg of CBD for every 10 pounds of body weight. To determine the CBD dosage, don’t hesitate to contact your doctor.
3. Do CBD Honey Sticks Work?
Yes, honey sticks can provide the desired results. If honey is organic, and the CBD is pure and potent, they are more likely to work CBD honey sticks.
4. Is CBD honey good for anxiety?
Yes, honey sticks are infused with CBD and have soothing and anxiolytic effects. When ingested, CBD along with pure honey can reduce anxiety within 15 to 30 minutes.
5. Does CBD Honey Sticks Get You High
In short, CBD honey sticks won’t get you high. Not even close. Yes, it may contain a trace amount of THC. However, it is not enough to make someone experience psychoactive effects.
The Bottom Line
Hope now you’re aware of “how to use CBD honey sticks”. To sum up, CBD straws or honey sticks are a delicious way to take CBD. With consistent consumption of honey sticks, you’ll receive a variety of benefits ranging from relaxation and stress relief to skin benefits.
These CBD-infused honey sticks are super easy to use and generally safe with zero to minimal side effects. However, before you buy CBD from online shops or dispensaries, make sure to consider well-known brands, ethical sourcing, and third-party testing.
Atalay, S., Jarocka-Karpowicz, I., & Skrzydlewska, E. (2019). Antioxidative and Anti-Inflammatory properties of cannabidiol. Antioxidants, 9(1), 21. https://doi.org/10.3390/antiox9010021
Samarghandian, S., Farkhondeh, T., & Samini, F. (2017). Honey and Health: A review of recent clinical research. PubMed, 9(2), 121–127. https://doi.org/10.4103/0974-8490.204647
Meo, S. A., AlAsiri, S., Mahesar, A. L., & Ansari, M. J. (2017). Role of honey in modern medicine. Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences, 24(5), 975–978. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sjbs.2016.12.010
Ferreira, B., Costa, G., Mascarenhas-Melo, F., Pires, P. C., Heidarizadeh, F., Giram, P., Mazzola, P. G., Cabral, C., Veiga, F., & Paiva‐Santos, A. C. (2023). Skin applications of cannabidiol: sources, effects, delivery systems, marketed formulations, and safety. Phytochemistry Reviews, 22(3), 781–828. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11101-023-09860-5